Donnerstag, 27. September 2012

God gave you talents

Hello guys!
Another week went by and I'm ALMOST on time with my weekly post! ^^
I experienced God in a lot of different ways that week, but mainly he answered a lot of questions that I asked him during the first month of my ministry.
Let me tell you about what my God did:

During the first month of my ministry I was busy very often and I spent a lot of time with learning Thai, helping in the cafe and caring for stuff like my driving license. But I came here with the expectation that God would especially use my talents at the Wongen like he did the last time I came here. Even if I worked a lot through this month, I often felt kind of meaningless, because I didn't have enough time to be fully myself.
So I asked God really often to show me what passions he wanted me to pursue more and if he could show me WHEN I could do it.
One week ago he answered my request :)
The Lighthouse In Action will probably start a new ministry soon that will work together with Love Acts and in which we will offer the bar girls an alternative job by creating jewellery.
When I first heard about that ministry during our weekly debriefing, I felt excited like a little child. So when the responsible woman told Emmi, that she didn't know anybody who knew how to make jewellery, I jumped up and said "I DO!" :D
I kind of overestimated myself, because I honestly don't know a lot about it right now, but I just love creating and I could hold myself back. Her response was surprising for me, because she told me that she actually had my name on her mind when we praying before.

The other thing is similar to this story:
Since I went to DTS people kept asking me if I was a dancer. I love dancing, but I was always to shy to pursue this passion more, even if I really wanted to.
So when people started to ask me this question again, I told God "ok, if anybody tells me that I was looking like a dancer again, I know that you want me to dance!"
I didn't have to wait for a long time. But I still wondered about when I would have enough time to learn it. So one day Emmi just took a seat in front of me and asked "do you like to dance?"
I said "yes, why?" and she she told me, that one girl of the Wongen's staff would start HipHop classes next month and that I would be a part of it! ^^




1 Kommentar:

  1. Hallo Jascha, ich bin sehr Stolz auf Dich. Ich hoffe Du und David könnt noch eine Menge bewirken. Nächstenliebe ist immer eine lohnende Investition, egal aus welcher Intention heraus, damit wird die Welt ein Stückchen lebenswerter.
    PS: Sei nicht so streng mit Dir. Du bist ein sehr liebenswerter Mensch und Du musst das nicht immer wieder hinterfragen. Ich habe Dich sehr lieb.
    Papa

    AntwortenLöschen