Samstag, 25. August 2012

The beginning of my ministry

Hello from my beloved Thailand! :)
Finally I got some time to update my blog and put some pictures in for you. The last days have been full of caring for David's and my motorcicle driving licenses, planning and talking about how we will help out in the Wongen for the following year and recovering from our travel from Bangkok to Chiang Mai which we did in a really adventorous, old  and wet bus that surprisingly revealed a door right next to my seat in opening it up in a curve! :D

But now I wanna tell you about our last day in Bangkok which we spent with my lovely friend Palm and a friend of hers called Nicki. As some of you might know Palm moved from Chiang Mai to Bangkok a few month ago because she finished her studies and found a job there. Bangkok is around 11 hours far away from Chiang Mai, if you choose to travel by bus and someday Palm told me that she found real friends and a home in the Wongen Kafe, so I was very happy to hear that she still gets visited by her friends from Chiang Mai!
However, we spent our day in going to chinese town and having lunch there, taking the tram to the biggest market in the world and taking about how we've spent the past four month.

rainy season is a quiet rainy season...
The following night we spent travelling to Chiang Mai and arrived there safely but cold and wet at 6:00 am. 
The first thing I did, when we arrived at the Wongen was searching for a free Bed! After I got up I started  worrying about if the staff would be angry with me because I caused them so many worries with my visa, but I was welcomed so warmly that I was just happy to be at the Wongen again :)
As I said, the last days had been stressfull for David and me because we tried to get our driving lisences. David made it, but I have to try it again on monday. This is one thing you really could pray for me, because it would be really helpful for us both to have a thai driving lisence. Travelling by motorcycle is much cheaper than travelling by Song Tao and it will be a big part of my ministry.   
I really can't wait until I have more time for my ministry, which mainly is caring for the students who are coming to the Wongen and planning on activities with the other staff.

At the end of this post I want to ask you for your support in prayers and donation, because I can't do this mission without God's provision. Please pray that David and I will grow a lot in our faith and love for God and that we will always be faithfull in obeying and working for him. I'm still struggeling a lot with accepting that God really loves me. And that's the most important thing that you need if you want to experience real change in your life! So please pray for a lot of growth and provision, so that we can stay here for one year!

Thank you! :)



1 Kommentar:

  1. Wunderschöne Bilder, Jaschi <3
    Danke, dass du uns an euren Erlebnissen teilhaben lässt.
    Fühl dich umarmt. Ich denke an dich, meine Liebe!

    AntwortenLöschen